While thinking about ideas what to write about today, I thought I’d ask Google’s opinion. I was directed to this site about 81 topic ideas to start blogs that “matter”. Are you curious? Here are the top 5:
- Self improvement/Self-Hypnosis
- Health & Fitness for Busy People
- Language Learning Blogs
- How to Travel on a Budget (Best hotel deals. Car rental. Trip advice.)
- Writing Style
My opinion, do we really need yet another blog on any of these topics?
Am I interested in these topics?
How much would a blog on these topics really ‘matter’?
Probably not at all.
Nevertheless just for the challenge of it, here is post that covers not one but all 5 of these topics, which should make this blog post really ‘matter’:
- Self improvement: If you think you can become a better person by taking tips from random strangers on the internet, you need professional help. Go read a good book instead. Try Tolstoy. It will probably help you more with whatever you are facing. In the unlikely case it doesn’t, it’ll at least be better written and more fun than anything here.
- Health & Fitness for Busy People: I am clearly not too busy to write this blog and you are clearly not too busy to read it. So why are you reading it and not doing push ups? Eh? Start those push ups now or I’ll send you a mug shot of my ugly fat face with the tagline “this is your future”.
- Language Learning Blogs: If you are reading this then you have learnt English. Congratulations you have learnt a language.
- How to Travel on a Budget: Walk.
- Writing Style: Well … um … er … I was told … that is I was told when I was a child … well actually, I read it somewhere when I was at school … I mean I was of school going to age, I actually read it at home … anyway, what it said … I mean what I read was, ‘write as you would speak’.
If you want more matter, the image on the top shows plasma, a truly remarkable state of matter. And just to make sure we have covered everything, I end with the exact opposite topic, anti-matter.